Service changes from Monday 15th November
Following a review of student numbers and travel patterns, we will be making some service changes from Monday 15th November.
Services from Nursling, Rownhams and Lordshill
The morning 612 will be shortened to start at Lordshill (opposite Sainsburys). Students from Nursling and Rownhams should use a new morning 5A journey, which will operate from Upton Crescent via Balmoral Way, Horns Drove and the Horns Inn, and then via Bakers Drove, Rownhams Lane and North Baddesley to the college.
Services from Romsey and North Baddesley
At the start of the college day there will now only be one vehicle provided on Bluestar 5, rather than two vehicles running together as currently. The new service 5A morning journey (see above) will also join the Bluestar 5 route at North Baddesley (Biggs Corner).
The new 5/5A timetable can be viewed by clicking here and adjusting the date as appropriate.
Services from Lowford, Bursledon, Sarisbury Green and Park Gate
At the end of the college day:
- Service 601 will no longer operate
- Lowford will be served by the 602
- The stops on the A27 between Bursledon and Sarisbury Green will be served by the 602 and 619
- The stops on the A27 beyond Sarisbury Green and in Park Gate will be served by the 619
- The stops in Hunts Pond Road will be served by the 620
Please note that these changes only apply at the end of the college day. Services to/from these areas in the mornings and at 14:25 are not changing.
The updated timetable for services from this area can be viewed here.
Changes to college departure times
At the end of the college day:
- The 602 and 619 will now depart at 16:10
- The 603 and 620 will now depart at 16:15
All of these services will continue to use bays 1-4.
Details of our services to Barton Peveril College for the 2021/22 academic year can be found below.
Please note that some areas are served by different routes in the morning and afternoon, so please check the maps below carefully.
Start of college day map
Late morning services to college map
Early afternoon services from college map
End of college day map
For travel from areas not covered by our services, please check the Barton Peveril College website.
|601 / 602 / 609 / 610 / 611 / 619 / 620||Stubbington - Park Gate - Locks Heath - Warsash - Lowford - Barton Peveril College||View PDF|
|603 / 604 / 609||Portchester - Fareham - Segensworth - Barton Peveril College||View PDF|
|611 / 618||Whiteley - Burridge - Barton Peveril College||View PDF|
|612 / 613 / 614 / 5A||Nursling - Lordshill - Millbrook - Shirley - Bassett - Barton Peveril College||View PDF|
|615 / 616 / 625 / 626 / 627||Waterside - Lyndhurst - Totton - Barton Peveril College||View PDF|
|621||Kings Worthy - Winchester - Hursley - Hiltingbury - Chandlers Ford - Barton Peveril College||View PDF|
|623||Alresford - Winchester - Twyford - Otterbourne - Chandlers Ford - Barton Peveril College||View PDF|
|624||Plaitford - Whiteparish - Lockerley - Woodley - Ampfield - Hiltingbury - Barton Peveril College||View PDF|
- Routes and timetables will be continuously reviewed in partnership with the college and are therefore subject to change during the academic year to match capacity with student numbers. All locations will continue to be served at the start and end of the college day throughout the year, but the areas covered by late morning and early afternoon services may vary.
- Routes 605, 682 and 692 will no longer operate. These temporary services operated during the 2020/21 academic year to ensure sufficient capacity for students while social distancing restrictions were in force on public bus services. From September, students from Southampton City Centre, Portswood, Swaythling, Bishopstoke and Fair Oak should return to using Bluestar 2 and students from Templars Way, North Baddesley, Romsey and Wellow should return to using Bluestar 5.
A special network pass for Barton Peveril students is available at a price of £495 for the 2021-22 academic year, payable either as a single payment at the time of purchase or as an initial payment of £300 and a second payment of £195 by 1st December. This continues to be much lower than the pre-pandemic price of approximately £650, thanks to a further year of enhanced subsidy from the college. This pass is only available to Barton Peveril students, and gives unlimited travel on our college routes plus all of our other services, including at weekends and during college holidays (except the summer holidays).
Passes are now available to purchase as a mobile ticket on our new Bluestar mobile app. You will need to sign up for the App using your Barton Peveril email, once you have done this you will receive a verification email. Please complete this process to ensure you receive the appropriate discount. Please be aware that you cannot purchase these tickets from the Bluestar travel shop.
The annual pass is generally non-refundable. Full or partial refunds will be at our discretion and will only be considered in exceptional circumstances, for example a student leaving the college. College confirmation of the circumstances will be required before any refund can be considered.
We anticipate that passes will become available on the new app in due course, during week commencing 16 August. Please check back for further details. While you are waiting, why don't you download our Bluestar app and explore what it has to offer in the meantime?
Other Ticket Options:
On all of the college routes single and return tickets are available priced at £4 single or £7 return, and a weekly ticket is available priced at £30. However in most cases the annual pass will offer much better value.
Please note that all routes on this page are open to Barton Peveril College students only. Students purchasing tickets on board will need to show their college ID.