74 days ago
We are delighted to announce further route enhancements to our network of services.
Bluestar 17 is going to have some major improvements which include extending the current service at both ends. From Sunday 11th November we will now continue to Adanac Park (near Ordnance Survey) on the west side of the route and on the eastern section of the route we will continue to Woolston and Weston.
Bluestar 17 will run both ways along Lower Brownhill Road and the terminus will now be Adanac Park (Ordance Survey). However, existing Bluestar 17 customers should note that the Guernsey Close stop on Brownhill Way will no longer be used. If you do use this stop, please catch the bus along Lower Brownhill Road instead.
The route will also be extended to the south east of the city and offer new connections to Woolston and Weston.
This route will be operated with dual door double deckers and customers are reminded to enter the bus at the front and alight at the rear. This all helps to speed up boarding and help keep us to time.
This is an important investment for Bluestar, and we expect it to be well-received. We’re looking forward to positive feedback from our customers over the coming months.
Other services are having some timetable changes too, a summary of which can be found below. We will add in new timetable to this story once they are ready, so please do check back again soon.
* Improved evening service with an new journey at 8.20pm from Southampton to Romsey to cater for West Quay’s closing time.
* Additional earlier and later return journeys between Eastleigh & Romsey. With the last bus back from Romsey now being midnight.
* Revised timetable to reflect demand including fewer journeys on Sundays.
* Additional late evening journeys will run via Fawley to reflect customer demand
* Revised Sunday timetable including additional buses to Calshot Beach.
* New Sunday hourly service introduced on Bluestar 11 to West Totton. As a result, there will now be an improved 30-minute combined service between Southampton & Totton town centre.
* An earlier bus will run from Townhill Park to Southampton on Monday to Friday. An improved evening service will also be introduced with later buses.
* Will be extended in both directions and will now serve Weston – Woolston – City Centre – Central Station – Shirley – General Hospital – Aldermoor – Lordshill – Lower Brownhill – Adanac Park up to every 10 minutes Monday to Saturday & up to every 15 minutes Sunday. This route will now be operated by dual door double deck buses. See full detail in story above.
* Earlier morning buses on Saturdays & Sundays.