The best way to the panto is...
35 days ago
By bus - oh yes it is!
Dust off your fairy wands and find your light up swords – it’s pantomime season! Bluestar are proud to be official travel partner of Beauty and the Beast – the magical family pantomime appearing at Theatre Royal Winchester this Christmas and New Year.
The enchanting tale of Beauty and The Beast - a magical pantomime will break your heart and tickle your funny bone in equal measure.
When a vain and handsome prince rejects the advances of a wicked witch, she turns him into a hideous beast. Only one thing can save him - someone must fall in love with him before the last petal falls from an enchanted rose.
Can Fairy Fifi bring Belle and the Beast together in time or will the evil Malevolent win the day?
This year's panto has been produced by the same team behind last year's smash hit Peter Pan, James Barry, writer and director, Simon Slater, music and Rachel Fox, production design. Theatre Royal Winchester is delighted to welcome back the much-loved Julian Eardley as Dame Dotty, Ed Thorpe (who was nominated in last year's Great British Pantomime Awards for his performance as Smee in Peter Pan) as Wally and Eleanor Bennett (who played Wendy in 2017's production) returns as Belle. The ensemble cast also features Nathan Turner (Prince/Beast), Alice Bonifacio (Fairy Fifi), Tim Faulkner (Dad), Kristopher Milnes (Bouffon) and Sarah Annakin as villain of the piece, Malevolent. An ensemble cast of talented locally-based young people will support the main cast.
With original songs, hilarious gags and loads of audience participation this is an ideal treat for the whole family.
The Bluestar 1 runs up to every 15 minutes and will take you to the heart of the panto magic from Southampton via Bassett, Chandlers Ford, Otterbourne and Compton. What’s more, the Bluestar 1 will also be running for the first time on Christmas Day also serving RHCH! With luxury seating, tables on the upper deck, USB charging and WiFi, it’s time to ditch the car and catch the bus.
Keep an eye on our Facebook and Twitter for your chance to win tickets to this year’s spectacular show!
Beauty and the Beast is also sponsored by The Brooks Shopping.
Facebook competition rules and info:
- The prize for competition 1 is: Four (4) tickets to see Beauty and the Beast at the Theatre Royal, Winchester on opening night, Wednesday 5th December at 7pm, plus one (1) Network Explorer Grouprider ticket (valid for one full days unlimited travel anywhere on the Bluestar and Unilink network).
- Competition 1 opens at 10am on Monday 26th November 2018 and closes at 4pm on Friday 30th November 2018. The winner will be announced shortly after.
- The prize for competition 2 is: Four (4) tickets to see Beauty and the Beast at the Theatre Royal, Winchester on Saturday 15th December at 7pm, plus one (1) Network Explorer Grouprider ticket (valid for one full days unlimited travel anywhere on the Bluestar and Unilink network).
- Competition 2 opens at 10am on Monday 3rd December 2018 and closes at 4pm on Monday 10th December 2018. The winner will be announced shortly after.
- No cash alternative is available for either prizes of either competitions.
- Tickets will be available to collect from the Theatre box office at the venue beforehand entry.
- The bus ticket will be administered via our Mobile app - Clickit2ride - available to download on iOS and Android devices. Account and activation required.
- One entry per person. Additional entries will not be counted.
- This competition is not open to employees of Go South Coast or the wider Go Ahead group.