An exciting new opportunity has arisen to join our customer care team. The world is changing, and technology is benefitting how we communicate with customers. We have a new website with journey planning features and live bus times, as well as a mobile app to buy tickets. Some customers need help and support with these newer technologies. Or of course, just need traditional support with bus information, ticket types and journey planning.
This exciting new role is mainly mobile, and you will be liaising with customers at bus stops and on board our bus services in and around Southampton. You will be engaging with the local community and assisting with all their travel requirements. You will quickly become the face of Bluestar.
Ensure high quality, customer focussed service is delivered
Engaging and interacting with customers
- Gaining feedback from our customers and actioning it as appropriate
- Communicate with our colleagues driving buses and ensuring they’re up-to-date with service delivery
- Monitoring our competitors and reporting any opportunities or risks
- Keeping on-top of tech trends and being at the forefront of rolling out new experiences to our customers
- Converting paper ticket sales to app sales by championing mobile ticketing, timetables and real-time information
- Be the face of Bluestar
Knowledge and Skills
- Love working with people
- Have a friendly patient approach
- An excellent knowledge of Southampton and our bus routes
- Be confident using mobile apps
- Be confident using websites
- Great customer care skills
- Enjoy working outdoors
- Understand our customers and their needs
- Be flexible in times/location of work
- Good sense of humour and a flexible approach to varying workloads
This is a full time role, but we will consider a job share of two part-timers.
Approximate hours are Monday to Friday 1000-1830. You will need to work at least one Saturday per month with a rest day in the week.
To apply, send a covering letter and 2-page CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 23 August.
We welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workforce.