Speak me also known as Recite is a unique assistive technology that enables most parts of our website to be read out aloud with the click of a button from any computer.
The following guide shows you how to use the basic features of Recite.
how to use the Speak me function
- Click on the Speak me logo at the top right of the page.
- Then a tool bar will appear across the top of the web page.
- Hover your cursor pointer over any text anywhere on the website and Recite will read the text back to you. A small box will pop up allowing you to pause, go back to the start or stop the reading, the text being read is also highlighted in a pale blue colour.
using the tool bar
There are lots of other options in the tool bar to help improve accessibility for all, if you hover over the icons a small box appears telling you what each one enables you to do:
- change the size of text or the font
- change the colour of text and background to increase the
- change the language - there are over 50 options.
- remove all images from our website so only the text can be viewed.
- You can save your settings and they can be undone and the website returned to its default setting.